As Director of Agency & Development, Chris provides a full range of commercial rental property services to both the landlord and occupier markets, with a particular focus on development and disposal advice to landlords, as well as best-in-class tenant representation advice and occupier services.
A graduate of Aberdeen University, Chris started his career in commercial property with Colliers Jardine in Hong Kong, followed by Jones Lang LaSalle in Glasgow and Roxburgh & Co in Edinburgh.
He joined the Edinburgh office of Cushman & Wakefield in 2004 where he was quickly appointed Partner and subsequently Head of Agency & Development in Scotland.
In 2009 Chris formed Chris Cuthbert Property, before setting up CuthbertWhite with Nick White in 2011.
Chris is somewhat addicted to golf, and is more often than not seen at meetings resplendent in motorcycling attire. In a move to embrace the new post-Covid fitness agenda a new bicycle has also been added to the fleet. Chris lives in East Lothian with his wife, two growing teenage boys and their Labradoodle, Madge.
Chris has provided advice on numerous transactions and projects during the last 10 years, to include:
- Letting of Telereal Trillium's Argyle House to The University of Edinburgh (60,000 sqft)
- Back to back acquisition/disposal for ACH Shoosmiths – letting of new offices at Saltire Court, Edinburgh (11,500 sq ft) and the sale of their double townhouse on Queen Street (9,000 sq ft)
- Advising on the development and marketing of Charlotte House, South Charlotte Street, Edinburgh for CBRE Global Investors (13,000 sqft)
- Advising BMO REP on the refurbishment and letting of OneTwoFive Princes Street, Edinburgh (25,000 sq ft)
- Pre-Let acquisition of prime Grade A offices for Morton Fraser WS at Quartermile Two, Edinburgh (36,500 sqft)
- Advising SWIP on the disposal of Exchange Place in Edinburgh (210,000 sq ft) to a number of blue chip tenants
- Advising GSS Developments on the design and delivery of their Grade A, and award winning, office development @ 2 Semple Street (45,000 sq ft)
- Securing 10,000 sq ft of Grade A office space at 28 St Andrew Square for Trustpilot
- Securing 11,500 sq ft in Apex 2 & 3 for Illuminate Technologies
- Advising Vastint on the design and development of No2 Freer Street @ New Fountainbridge, a brand new 56,000 sq ft Grade A development in Edinburgh
- Advising BMO REP on the design & ultimate pre-letting of 11-12 Lochside Place (45,000 sq ft) to Diageo PLC
- Advising Clyde & Co on the re-gearing of their lease at Albany House, Edinburgh (20,000 sq ft)
- In addition, Chris is delighted to have a significant number of local/national businesses, and charities, that he advises on their occupational portfolios in Scotland – more information is available on request